Terms and Conditions
1. Proof of identification must be provided upon collection of your equipment. There can be no exceptions.
2. A damage deposit is required when hiring equipment and will take the form of an open debit/credit card voucher, which will be surrendered upon return of the equipment in a satisfactory condition.
3. Terms conditions cycle hire, As the client, I understand that I am responsible for all equipment relating to this agreement which will be listed on your online web order or pre-printed hire form, available when you collect your bikes. I confirm that I will be responsible for the payment of any damage (including third party) caused as a consequence of any dangerous cycling, loss of control, negligence or loss of equipment if the cycles are not locked to a fixed object through the frame and front wheel. Proof of lock breakage is required for any insurance claim.
4. I confirm we are ALL competent cyclists. I recognise we will be riding cycles which we many not be familiar with and as such we will exercise additional care and attention. ‘The Hirer’ lends cycles on the understanding that EVERY rider can use gears properly, adjust the saddle height and at least one person knows how to FIX A PUNCTURE.
5. I understand that refunds are only given PER BIKE (not group) and only if ‘The Hirer’ could not restore the journey or allow extra time to complete the ride. Refunds CANNOT BE GIVEN for punctured tyres or damage caused to gears as a result of incorrect use. I accept that I may have to accept responsibility for bike damage caused by incorrect use of equipment and that the nature of off-road cycling makes these dangers possible.
6. I acknowledge the recommendation of ‘The Hirer’ to strongly recommend the use of safety helmets. By signing the helmet disclaimer on the front of this form, you and everyone else in your group assume full responsibility for any accident, injury or death which should occur as a result of taking this decision.
7. All young persons (aged 17 or younger) MUST wear a cycle helmet as a condition of hire, and will only be issued with equipment when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
8. Safe cycling is dependent on your alertness and good judgement. Please cycle sensibly, with respect for others and the natural habitat. Cyclists are expected to follow the Highway Code and New Forest Cycling Code.
9. I confirm that I will be responsible for the payment of any surcharge levied as a result of the cycles being returned later than the agreed time stated on the front of this Agreement or in an excessively dirty state, requiring remedial work beyond ‘The Hirer’s normal post-hire maintenance.
10. Cycling can be dangerous and has risks involved. By signing this Agreement you and everyone else in your group declare to be in good health and are not suffering from any medical condition or disability which is likely to adversely affect normal control of the bicycle. You and everyone else in your group also agree to:
- not undertake any manoeuvres which are beyond your level of skill or beyond the design purposes of the equipment provided by ‘The Hirer’.
- not ride on pavements or footpaths and keep to the Official Cycle Network within the National Park. A £500 fine may be levied against you by officers of the Forestry Commission for damage caused to land or livestock off of the permitted cycle network. Please note the whole of the New Forest has SSSI status.
- not cycle after dark as unless your bicycles are fitted with lights, bells reflectors.
11. I understand that in the event of a mechanical failure other than punctures, ‘The Hirer’ will offer a breakdown service for the cycle but not the individual (due to insurance constraints). The emergency number is on the front of the Hire Agreement.
12. Terms conditions cycle hire, I fully indemnify ‘The Hirer’ against claims of injury to myself or any third party unless it can be proven that ‘The Hirer’ did not fulfil reasonable maintenance procedures for the equipment being used.
13. This Agreement is covered by English Law. In the event that any part of the Agreement is for any reason unenforceable the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
‘The Hirer’ is Thamesview Camping.
CORPORATE HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. As the client, I understand that I am responsible for all bikes relating to hire agreement or online web order.
2. All delegates are competent cyclists. Despite this I recognise that they will be riding cycles with which they may not be fully familiar and as such we will inform the delegates to exercise additional care and caution. I understand that Thamesview Camping lends bikes on the understanding that every rider can gears properly and is proficient enough to cycle on public roads.
3. We recognise that cycling can be dangerous and acknowledge the risks involved to our delegates.
4. I acknowledge the recommendation of the Thamesview Camping to use the helmets provided
5. Terms conditions cycle hire, Delegates will not undertake any manoeuvre which is beyond their level of skill
6. Each delegate is in good health and their eyesight is up to the standard required for a road driving test. They are not suffering from any medical conditions or disability which is likely to adversely affect their normal control of the bicycle.
7. I confirm that I will be responsible for the payment of any surcharge levied as a result of the cycles being returned later than the agreed time or in an excessively dirty state.
8. I confirm that I will be responsible for the payment of any damage (including third party) caused as a consequence of my dangerous cycling, loss of control or negligence, or theft of bike if it wasn’t locked securely to fixed object.
9. Terms conditions cycle hire, I fully indemnify Thamesview Camping against claims of injury to the delegates or any third party unless it can be proven that Thamesview Camping did not fulfil reasonable maintenance procedures for the equipment being used. Thamesview Camping is fully insured for Public Liability up to £2,000,000 but this does not cover equipment being used for competitive purposes. We recommend each delegate takes out Personal Accident Insurance if they are not a competent cyclist. Cycling can be a dangerous activity, especially if being ridden competitively.
10. This Agreement is covered by English Law. In the event that any part of this Agreement is for any reason unenforceable the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.
Rental Bikes and Equipment
By accepting the bike(s)/ equipment the hirer accepts that they are in good technical, safe and clean condition and must be returned in the same condition. Bikes and equipment hired remain the property of Thamesview Camping. The hirer is obliged to take good care of the bike/equipment hired and take all precautions necessary to protect from damage or theft. All the bikes are regularly maintained and inspected prior to each hiring as the safety of the client is paramount. It is the hirer’s responsibility to double check the bike and report any damage prior to setting off. On return a representative of Thamesview Camping will examine the bikes/equipment and if there is no damage or loss will confirm the cancellation of any credit card deposit taken. If for any reason a full inspection cannot be undertaken on their return, Thamesview Camping reserves the right to inform clients within seven days of the return of any damage found and invoice the hirer accordingly. Inner tubes supplied with the hire bikes will be charged at the recommended retail price if used or missing.
Should any damage be sustained to the bike or components during the hire period, the hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost at current market price of the whole or part of the bike so damaged. The hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost of the bike/equipment if it is lost or stolen during the hire period. It is recommended that the hire bike is kept in sight at all times. If you wish to transport the hire bikes to another location, this can only be done in a van, estate car or via a correctly rated mounted bike rack. If the wheels are removed, this is entirely at the hirer’s risk. Should any damage to the bike occur such as scratches to the frame and decals or any other damage, the hirer will be responsible for repairs as quoted by Thamesview Camping.
Children under 18 years must be accompanied by a riding adult at all times.